Beginner Level - Cores 1 and 2
Art Curriculum for 4-6th grade students 10 years and UP!
Art lessons and projects that help beginning students of any age to understand the BIG IDEAS of art!
In the art instruction videos, students learn how to use the art materials and tools.
In the art instruction books, students see Master works by American artists and gain an understanding of art history, art appreciation, and the core of art education: the elements of art.
Together, the student's art education is complete, making this a very easy program to use! Students work independently.
ART CORE 1: Drawing with Graphite Pencils
A 36 lesson course designed to help you develop a solid foundation in drawing with a complete working knowledge of the elements of art.
Drawing lessons give students their first in-depth look at the elements of art in simply written text and video lessons.
Your child can work independently as they learn drawing techniques and handy tips about being an artist from the video, then apply those ideas to their own unique work of art. Text lessons broaden the scope of learning as students:
- Observe the elements in their environments in order to connect the ideas to real-world experiences.
- See the elements used by Master Artists while learning about the artist and major events in American art history.
- Incorporate new techniques and processes for drawing into their own works of art as they explore various subject matter.
Where do I start?
Start with Beginner Level Art Core 1, Drawing with Graphite Pencils, where students are taught the elements of art in simply written text and video lessons. Once the student has a foundational knowledge of drawing, go to Beginner Level Art Core 2, Painting with Watercolor Pencils, where students explore color theory and learn techniques for watercolor painting.
Includes Hardcover Book and DVDs plus Blu-ray disks. Add the LIFETIME ACCESS to ONLINE COURSE which includes online Flipping Book and streamed video lessons, plus additional introduction videos that guide your child through the course with ease.
The ability to draw isn't something you're born with, but it's built on a number of techniques and principles that you can learn! Here are just a few of the concepts you'll learn to use in this course:
- Learn to make different types of drawings: outline, basic, reverse texture drawing and more!
- Learn to successfully draw a subject on your own using the basic steps and troubleshooting along the way.
- Control the pressure on the pencil to create light, middle, and dark values.
- Hold your pencil at different angles as you make marks to add types of textures to your drawing.
- Learn our mistake-free method for drawing a human figure so that you can draw the people around you!
- Discover how a basic drawing strategy frees your mind to focus on the elements you see so that you draw better than ever before!
- Become confident when drawing a variety of subjects including: objects that are meaningful to you, the places you go, the people you love, and animals you see.